Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Pre-registration closed, but day-of registration still available!
Registration is $30 for your first race and $10 for any additional races. You must have either an annual USA Cycling license or purchase a one-day license ($15). That being said, I still have 15 coupons that you can use thanks to Seals, Tacia, Bartz, Zainea, & Whitmore Optometry to offset the one-day license fee if you don't have one! Just ask at registration - if we have a freebie coupon left, you're welcome to use it!
You might ask yourself, why the heck would I pay $30 to race my bike in Alma? Well here's why:
1) This course is NEW and unlike anything you've seen in Michigan
2) Swag just for entering includes a custom Alma College / Alma GP water bottle from Specialized, XTREME chain lube from ProGold Lubricants, socks or tire levers from Cannondale, Hammer Gel, and for those of you that pick up your bag fairly early, a sweet custom Alma GP coozie from TP Logos!
3) Just by entering you get a raffle ticket good to win awesome swag from our sponsors, including (but seriously, this is about a tenth of the list...): a set of Velocity USA wheels of your choice, a Kuat Rack of your choice, Wolf Tooth single ring/bolts, Heed, Cannondale socks, an Ass Saver, swag from ProGold Lubricants, Camrats from Backcountry Research, NiteRider lights, and Bondi Bands just to name a few.
4) The atmosphere of the Alma GP is truly a FUN place to come watch a few bike races
5) Portable bathrooms are on site...come on, taking care of details is priority #1
6) Milk products from the United Dairy Industry of Michigan for all racers
7) Concession on hand! Ice cream, hot dogs, etc. They are a local business. It's awesome.
8) Corset Shop Intimates is setting up a display of their athletic / active wear in the registration tent
9) Swag from Eclipse Cycling (1st place), Pace Sportswear (2nd place), Corset Shop Intimates (3rd place), The Sufferfest (4th place), and Ass Savers (5th place) delivered to the podium finishers in what are undoubtedly the greatest awards ceremonies outside of the World Championships
10) Seriously, it's going to be a blast. You owe it to yourself to see what this is all about!
So far 141 racers are pre-registered and the weather is looking like it'll be great for racing 'cross. The course is in FANTASTIC shape right now. All of the rain we've had recently might play a part in creating some pretty technical lines through the two Superprestige sections of the course... Hold onto your hats when you hit those.
The Velocity USA stairs are now painted and ready to go as well! Course crossings are marked so you will be able to easily move about the venue without trudging through the weeds. That being said, the walking paths we've created are still very weedy - I'd recommend shoes and pants on race day.
Hope to see you on Friday and/or Saturday...and remember,
SUPPORT THE SPONSORS THAT SUPPORT THE ALMA GRAND PRIX!